Hiring Organization / Company: Aspen School District
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Aspen School District seeks a special education teacher to begin duties in January 2021
Reports to: Executive Director of Student Services
Work schedule: As per teaching assignment in keeping with Aspen School District.
Compensation: Certified Salary Schedule of the Aspen School District, Great Benefits
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree
- A current Colorado Teaching License with an endorsement as a Special Education Generalist or ability to obtain within 2 months of hire
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (training provided by District)
- Current Safety Care Certification (training provided by District)
Position Summary: The Special Education Generalist creates a learning environment to encourage independence, self-motivation, self-direction, personal empowerment, and self-advocacy of children with disabilities.
- Create a learning environment characterized by acceptable student behavior and efficient use of time by preparing materials and planning and conducting activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time. Provide students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate while employing appropriate intervention strategies and practices to maintain student attention and order.
- Employ strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of academic skills, language, cognition, and memory to meet the needs of students with a variety of disabilities.
- Use a variety of assessments, including formal and informal assessments, to determine students’ strengths and areas of need for the purpose of creating an Individualized Education Program for each student.
- Collaborate with regular classroom teachers related service staff, and paraprofessionals to plan and coordinate appropriate services
- As necessary, accommodate and modify instruction to meet the individual student’s needs.
- Case manage and implement the Individualized Education Program for each student on caseload.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, clearly communicating instructional plans and objectives to colleagues who also work with individual students.
- Accurately document and report ongoing student achievement using IEP software database and monitoring timelines for compliance with state laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Monitor individual student progress
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the school’s Response to Intervention/Multi-Tiered Systems of Support process.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, to determine their priorities for their children, and establish their resource needs for the purpose of involving them as partners in student learning
- Other duties as assigned or necessary
- Understands the IEP process
- Ability to supervise, instruct, motivate, and problem solve with assigned paraprofessionals as well as other colleagues
- Experience with special populations
- Displays organization, preparation, and punctuality, meeting deadlines, and following through on commitments
- Handles disagreements and conflicts in a diplomatic manner, maintaining composure during difficult conflict situations, to prevent decreased effectiveness over time
- Maintains ethics, legal responsibility, and confidentiality
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with children and adults contacted in the course of work
- Actively contributes to the goals and success of all team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility in team discussions and decision making, giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Stays current on professional knowledge and technical skills through training opportunities and participation in relevant professional committees and organizations
- Formulates goals that include specific, measurable outcomes and develops new goals when current goals have been achieved
- Observes and adheres to district policies and procedures
Essential Environmental Demands:
- Mostly clean and comfortable
- May be exposed to body fluids
Essential Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting is required to assist students in ambulation, toileting (including diaper changing) and other personal needs and for management and de-escalation of students with aggressive behaviors.
Supervisory Duties: Trains, provides work direction, assigns, and schedules work for assigned paraprofessionals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Special Education Generalist will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Special Education Director or appropriate administrator. The Aspen School District reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Job Location Information:
Location: Aspen, Co 81611
Date Posted: 2021-01-09
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you’ll have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a number of people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can be easy if you understand the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are a fantastic and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply very important coaching, assets, and methods for task seekers. Those corporations can be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A easy Web experiment for job firms in your areamust discover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a quicker and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into an enduring task for the people who carry out neatly right through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.