Hiring Organization / Company: Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the daily set up of the Salad / Dessert / Pantry Stations. Responsible for the plating of all cold appetizers, salads and desserts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Set up station(s) according to restaurant guidelines
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Follow recipes, procedures, portion controls, and presentation specifications.
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Perform basic preparation duties, including handling raw produce and meats, following restaurant specifications for quality while following proper food handling and sanitation standards.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chefs or Managers at any time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must have experience in similar position
- Basic understanding of cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Ability to take direction.
- Getting along with others and working in as a team.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have a positive attitude and be self motivated.
- Having pride in quality service, and food knowledge
- Must be able to work 2 or 3 stations on a shift
- Must be able to multi-task
- Basic Understanding of Recipes
- Basic Math
Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization.
- Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data.
- Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
- Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
Must be able to stand for extended durations (4-12 hours)
- Ability to carry 50 pounds without any issue.
- Ability to withstand a hot working environment
- Ability to work through a high level business of intensity
Standing for 4-12 hours a shift.
- Occasional environmental exposures to hot, cold, and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Must be able to read and understand basic recipes and cooking directions
Company: Perrys Restaurants
Position: Salad / Pantry
Status: Full Time
Shift: First (Day), Second (Afternoon), Third (Night)
Req #: 5370627
Date Posted: April 07, 2021
Location: 7415 Southwest Parkway Building 1, Austin, US, TX, 78735
Job Category: Steak House Back of House Jobs
Job Location Information:
Location: Austin, Tx 78735
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the present time. Normally, you’ll haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a few other people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be simple if you recognize where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an out of this world and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply vital coaching, assets, and systems for activity seekers. Those corporations may also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or those with little running experience. A simple Internet experiment for job firms on your areashould discover where and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top purpose for that may be to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can usually be a faster and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long lasting activity for the people who carry out neatly all through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.