Hiring Organization / Company: Citarella
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking a Pastry Prep Cook to join our growing team! We are seeking individuals whose interest and passion for pastry and cooking is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food. This role is based out of our Hunts Point, Bronx warehouse location.
Shift Available: 2pm - 11am
The Pastry Prep Cook is responsible for preparing products and assisting in the completion of daily production lists for the pastry department. This includes but is not limited to: preparation of doughs, icings, batters, baking off and finishing products, and various pastry preparation tasks as needed per the business.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a high volume pastry prep kitchen or related role (restaurant/catering/hotel experience is preferred)
- Ability to visually examine products for quality/ freshness and execute large batch prep work
- Prior food handling experience
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing and walking for extended periods of time; working in refrigerated work areas as needed; kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, pushing/pulling loads of up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities
- Ensure high quality and safety of all food supply
- Prepare production items using recipes and Citarella presentation guidelines
- Follow standardized recipes, through proper measuring and weighing of all ingredients
- Properly label and date all products that are produced
- Monitor inventory
- Clean and sanitize all work stations and equipment
- Adhere to all health, safety, sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Other reasonably assigned duties/tasks/projects as directed by supervisor
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job Location Information:
Location: Bronx, Ny 10474
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the present time. Generally, you’ll don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are several other people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if you realize where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and regularly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide very important training, belongings, and methods for process seekers. Those companies can be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Internet experiment for job firms for your areamust uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The end goal for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services can usually be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into an enduring task for the individuals who perform smartly during their working.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.