Hiring Organization / Company: Bunkhouse Group
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About our Company:
Inspired by the patron saint of music and designed with 1960s and 1970s artists in mind, Hotel Saint Cecilia offers a retro, glamorous private haven mixed with Southern hospitality. Both eclectic and elegant, Saint Cecilia’s 14 striking yet unique accommodations are scattered throughout the estate, and feature a cohesive combination of antiques, modern furniture, and original artwork with outdoor lounge spaces. Minutes from downtown Austin, Saint Cecilia is located in the heart of a South Congress neighborhood where guests and members look forward to lounging at the heated pool under the glow of the now iconic “SOUL” sign.
Hotel Saint Cecilia is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College Degree preferred
- Six (6) months related experience in hospitality or service industry
- 1 year of maintenance experience
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Bunkhouse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Communicates with Front Desk staff, Maintenance Supervisor/Manager, and/or the General Manager regarding grounds related problems or issues that need immediate attention
- Performs daily inspection of property for maintenance issues under supervision of Maintenance Supervisor / Manager
- Cleans and maintains all exterior landscape lighting
- Performs necessary room touch-ups and repairs – including furniture, fixtures, basic electrical, basic plumbing and HVAC system repair
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor or Manager in ensuring the property passes all city, safety, and ADA codes
- Performs all regularly scheduled maintenance operations (filters, paint, updates, furniture change-out, etc.)
- Maintains all equipment/tools; report condition of all equipment/tools and notify Maintenance Supervisor or Manager when broken, lost, etc.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of storage areas
- Communicates with Housekeeping staff regarding room cleanliness/condition
- Responsible for the maintenance of company vehicles under direction of Supervisor or Manager
- Assists other staff when needed
- Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
- Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
- 401k with company matching
- Employee Discounts
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
Job Location Information:
Location: Austin, Tx 78704
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the moment. In most cases, you will have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are a few people available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you already know the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are a fantastic and repeatedly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply vital training, property, and techniques for task seekers. These firms may also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A easy Internet scan for job firms in your areaought to discover the place and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The top objective for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out neatly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money when cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.