Hiring Organization / Company: Union Square Hospitality Group
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Intersect by Lexus!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are accepting applications for enthusiastic and experienced Line Cooks for full-time employment who would love to be part of Intersect by Lexus. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity. We are seeking individuals who have great communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence, who understand the importance of teamwork. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate athleticism is a must.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Able to successfully support and work with the Culinary Leaders to manage a station and execute menu items consistently
- Experience with high-level cuisine and working with high profile talent
- Ability to execute menu items consistently according to the directive of the Executive Chef
- Must have strong culinary skills to contribute to a culinary team focused on professionalism and culture through Executive Chef's plan
- Fine Dining experience is required in a similar environment
- Interest and appreciation for cutting edge art, science, and design
- Strong and well-rounded culinary skills that will allow for execution in a casual and fine dining atmosphere
- Work with FOH and BOH management to execute for service
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny 10014
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the moment. Most often, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not on your own. There are several other people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can also be simple if you recognize the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are tips that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an incredible and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often provide important coaching, property, and systems for task seekers. Those corporations will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A easy Internet test for job firms on your areaought to uncover where and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip function for that may be to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services can repeatedly be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long-lasting process for the individuals who perform well all through their working.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash when money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.