Hiring Organization / Company: Citarella
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking Kitchen Prep Cooks to join our growing team! We are seeking individuals whose interest and passion for pastry and cooking is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food. This role is based out of our Hunts Point, Bronx production facility location.
Full Time Schedule: 7AM - 4PM & 4PM - 1AM
The Kitchen Prep Cook is responsible for preparing products and assisting in the completion of daily production lists for the pastry department. This includes but is not limited to: preparation of dough, icings, batters, baking off and finishing products, and various pastry preparation tasks as needed per the business.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a high volume pastry prep kitchen or related role (restaurant/catering/hotel experience is preferred)
- Ability to visually examine products for quality/ freshness and execute large batch prep work
- Prior food handling experience
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing and walking for extended periods of time; working in refrigerated work areas as needed; kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, pushing/pulling loads of up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities
- Ensure high quality and safety of all food supply
- Prepare production items using recipes and Citarella presentation guidelines
- Follow standardized recipes, through proper measuring and weighing of all ingredients
- Properly label and date all products that are produced
- Monitor inventory
- Clean and sanitize all work stations and equipment
- Adhere to all health, safety, sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Other reasonably assigned duties/tasks/projects as directed by supervisor
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job Location Information:
Location: Bronx, Ny 10474
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs these days. In most cases, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a few other folks out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can also be simple if you recognize where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an unbelievable and commonly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often provide essential training, belongings, and systems for task seekers. These corporations may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms on your areashould discover where and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The tip function for that is to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can often be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into a long lasting job for the people who perform well throughout their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.