Hiring Organization / Company: Bunkhouse Group
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About our Company:
Located on a quiet stretch of San Antonio’s River Walk, Hotel Havana is a 27-room historic property restored from a 1914 upscale residential hotel. Paying homage to its original spirit, all unique guest rooms and public spaces reflect a combination of Mediterranean Revival architecture, rich Spanish Colonial history, and calm Caribbean temperament, which has made Hotel Havana one of the most authentic places to stay in San Antonio. Hotel Havana also offers two distinct dining venues: Ocho, a glass-enclosed restaurant serving pan-Latin and San Antonio-fused cuisine with river views, along with Havana Bar, the downstairs cocktail lounge with velvet couches and antique leather club chairs.
Hotel Havana is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
- High school education preferred
- One (1) year related experience in hospitality or service industry
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or guests
Bunkhouse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Responsible for cleaning of guest rooms, public spaces, exteriors and Back of House daily
- Continually maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and guest amenities to ensure adequate supplies in accordance with established par levels and timeframe
- Maintain the storage rooms with at least one (1) par clean at all times
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in the timely completion of all projects including mattress rotation, window washing, deep cleanings, etc.
- Maintain a positive relationship with employees and guests
- Maintain constant communication between all departments (i.e. room status)
- Possess knowledge of all guest services and amenities
- Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
Based upon fluctuating demands of the operation and to exceed customer expectations, it may be necessary to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to this position. This person may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed. Furthermore, employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
- Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
- Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
- 401k with company matching
- Employee Discounts
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs nowadays. Normally, you’re going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are several other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be simple if where to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an improbable and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply very important coaching, belongings, and programs for activity seekers. Those companies can be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little working experience. A simple Internet experiment for job firms on your areamust uncover where and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip goal for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can usually be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out neatly all over their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.