Hiring Organization / Company: Providence
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Providence is calling a Cook (Food and Nutrition Services, Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assure accurate therapeutic modification of foods
- Complete basic cooking/baking skills such as sifting, dicing, pureeing, roasting, basting, poaching, grilling, weighing, measuring and steaming in an accurate manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality food production
- Follow production sheets using standardized recipes and complete production sheets in stating amounts produced and left overs for a left over amount for each meal
- Obtain quantities of food from storage areas and reports any low quantities or supplies needed to supervisor
- Provide high quality customer service
- Taste all foods prior to serving. Take action to improve flavor when necessary or replaces item
- Weigh, measure and perform basic math in order to follow and prepare items in proper standardized recipes and in proper portions
- Adhere to safety precautions including hazardous wastes and proper sharps disposal
- Participate in hospital and unit specific practices to maintain clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff
- Report any faulty equipment or unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Management of Human Resources: May assist with the provision of education on the unit and within the hospital. Identify own professional learning need Complete learning needs assessments as assigned. Present inservices or other educational offerings as assigned
- Covers, labels and dates all food for storage. Maintain proper food safety, cleaning and sanitary standards in work area
Required qualification for this position include:
- 1 year of experience in quantity food preparation and completion of some cooking classes with formal on-the-job training
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Assisted Living Center is located on the St. Joseph Medical Center Campus in one of the most beautiful places you could choose for a retirement community. We provide multi-level care options for seniors who want an active and vibrant lifestyle with access to the assistance they may need with daily activities and healthcare. Located on the shore of Flathead Lake, the largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi, and under the spectacular Mission Mountain Range in northwestern Montana, Providence St. Joseph Assisted Living Center is just one mile from downtown Polson, Montana and 66 miles from Missoula, MT and Providence St. Patrick Hospital.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cook/Chef
Req ID: 291341
Job Location Information:
Location: Polson, Mt 59860
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Usually, you’ll don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of folks out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you realize where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an unbelievable and recurrently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply important coaching, belongings, and systems for job seekers. Those companies will also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Web test for job firms in your areaought to discover where and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The end objective for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services can frequently be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long lasting job for the people who carry out smartly during their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.