Hiring Organization / Company: Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this position is 03/13/2021 through 03/20/2021."
This position is the second level in a professional kitchen. The culinarian should have advance knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques. This position must have basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels. The Cook IV must be able to assist in the direction, and training of General Cooks in daily task. The Cook IV should be able to work all line stations of assigned meal period plus have solid knowledge of other shift stations assignments and have basic understanding of other cooking areas. The Cook IV needs to posses a positive attitude with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Produce consistent food products while following recipes with reduced supervision and direction from the chef's, while maintaining quality standards.
- Exhibit an advanced knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary station/work area in accordance with Health Department/ServSafe standards.
- Assist, train and direct culinary interns, general cooks and cook IV's in daily tasks.
- Able to work all stations in your designated shift to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la Carte Hot Line, Banquets, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep lists, etc
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 4 years culinary experience OR a degree or certificate from a Culinary Institution plus 2 years culinary experience
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Must be able to assist, train and direct culinary interns, General Cooks and Cook IV's in daily tasks.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Proficient with a minimum of two cuisines. Examples may include but not limited to Asian, Italian, Classical, New American, and Mexican.
- Complete a mystery basket cooking test to include 4 courses in 4 hours.
- Complete a 25 question written cooking exam, covering modern fundamentals and classic cooking techniques with a score of 80%.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Reaching Forward Constant (>67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and chopping.
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness, pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Location Information:
Location: Hershey, Pa
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Typically, you’ll have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not on your own. There are a few folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you understand the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an out of this world and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply vital coaching, property, and programs for task seekers. Those companies may also be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating experience. A easy Internet experiment for job firms on your areashould uncover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The end purpose for that may be to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can often be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into a long lasting activity for the people who perform smartly all the way through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.